A Guide to Homemade Nut Milk!
Nut milks are nothing new, I know! But, have you checked the ingredient list of most store bought nut milks? Yuck. Way to turn something healthy, not healthy! Luckily, nut milks are super easy to make at home.
For today's recipe, I'm going to teach you how to make a simple almond milk that can be used for desserts, cereals, smoothies and more! But, I will say that it is very easy and fun to get creative when making homemade nut milks! Think chocolate hazelnut, maple pecan, golden cashew... the list is endless. If you'd like some creative nut milk recipes, comment below in the comment section and let me know!
1 cup almonds, (previously soaked for 4-8 hours)
4 cups filtered water
1-4 tbsp liquid sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Blend almonds and filtered water on a high speed until smooth (approximately 1 minute).
- Strain the blended nut mixture using a nut milk bag or a very fine strainer. (Tip: using a nut milk bag will result in smoother nut milk).
- Pour mixture back into blender and add your sweetener and vanilla (optional). I suggest adding 1 tbsp at a time until you find the sweetness level you like!
- Strain the sweetened blended nut mixture again using a nut milk bag or very fine strainer.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. This will keep for 3-4 days.
Like the recipe? Head over to @natalyahardan for more healthy foodie inspo!