Date Cinnamon Oatmeal Topped With Caramelized Apples And Almonds
The winter essential! Warming, creamy, naturally sweet and so satisfying.
You know those chilly mornings when all you wanna do is cuddle up in a blanket with a warm breakfast bowl that smells like apple pie? Well, this recipe is perfect for those days! It's refined sugar free, nutritious, easy to prepare and will instantly comfort your body and soul!
Are you ready for it?
Here's how to do it!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly boiled water
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or different milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of Himalayan salt
For the topping:
- 1/2 apple, peeled and diced in cubes
- handful of almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
- Transfer oats and chopped dates to a small saucepan, pour freshly boiled water over and set aside for 5 minutes to soak.
- After that time turn the heat on, add milk and the rest of the ingredients, stir well and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring frequently.
- In a second saucepan, over medium heat, cook apples and almonds on a tsp of melted coconut oil with the addition of coconut sugar. It will take them about 5 minutes to get nice golden brown and caramelized.
- Transfer your oatmeal to a bowl, top with caramelized apples and almonds and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Looking for more healthy recipes and meal inspiration? You'll find tons of it in the cookbook!