Decadent Avocado Chocolate Mousse Dessert!
We LOVE avocado.
Avo on toast, guacamole, in a salad... It's one of our most loved ingredients. But have you heard of avocado desserts?
We know you might be thinking "AVO IN A DESSERT? GROSS."
But just wait a second, we've got the perfect avocado chocolate mousse recipe that is sure to convert you.
This healthy, rich and FKing decadent chocolate dessert is the perfect guilt free solution to your sweet cravings. Not only will this nourish your body with all the healthy fats from avocado and magnesium from cacao powder, but it’s also extremely quick and easy to prepare at home!
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 4 TBSP coconut milk (or your preferred milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of good quality salt
- Half a cup of greek yoghurt mixed with 1 tbsp of honey (or maple syrup), fresh raspberries & dark chocolate shavings
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Blend all the chocolate mousse ingredients in a blender or food processor until very smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides a few times to be sure there are no chunks left. You can achieve your favourite consistency by adding a little less or more milk.
- Mix the yoghurt with a tablespoon of honey.
- Transfer the chocolate mousse to the cups, top it with some yogurt and raspberries.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate shavings on top. Can be refrigerated before serving or served straight away.
Loved this? Head straight to the FitazFK Cookbook for more delicious, guilt-free recipes!