16:8 Intermittent Fasting - What the FK is it?
POSTED BY WENDY SERRANO · MARCH 26, 2018
Hands up if you’re stuck in a rut and struggling to lose those stubborn kg’s? Or you can’t stick to a diet for more than a few days? Well we have the perfect solution for you. And it’s called intermittent fasting.
Basically, it’s everywhere, everyday and everyone’s FKing talking about it. This latest health trend is effective for people struggling with food because it requires that you purely adjust the amount of time you spend eating each day, rather than focusing on dieting as a way to lose weight. Sounds amazing, right? (Please keep in mind that intermittent fasting works best with a healthy balanced diet).
We get it though, “fasting” sounds a lot like “starving” and you’re probably wondering what benefits come out of eating for a shorter time period each day…
So we’ve decided to give you some FitazFk FACTS on intermittent fasting:
- The 16/8 method requires that you FEAST during an 8 hour window of the day, and FAST for the other 16 hours. For example, you may begin eating at noon and finish at 8pm at night.
- With this in mind, you’ll skip breakfast, with lunch being your first meal of the day. If your mornings are busy, this time generally flies by quickly.
- By not eating throughout the whole day, your body is forced to use your fat stores in order to burn energy.
- By fasting, your blood insulin levels will drop significantly, facilitating fat burning.
- You will consciously be consuming less calories per day.
- Short term fasting increases your metabolic rate, burning even more calories than you would by dieting alone.
- Fasting helps lower blood sugar levels, which helps protect against type 2 diabetes.
- Intermittent fasting has been proven to boost brain function and increase cancer prevention (it literally help you kill cancer cells!)
- Fasting has proven anti-aging benefits.
Not convinced? Those who stick to intermittent fasting lose up to 8% body fat, and increase their metabolic rates by up to an epic 14%.
Our co-founder himself, Aaron McAllister swears by intermittent fasting and has been implementing the 16:8 method into his lifestyle for years. He believes it’s an easy way to manage his healthy eating plan with an extremely busy schedule!
This method is 100% FitazFK approved, and we can guarantee you’ll have better success sticking to an intermittent fasting plan than restrictive dieting methods.
Loved this? For more posts like this one, head to our FitazFK Blog!