Vegan Choc Chunk Protein Cookies!
POSTED BY WENDY SERRANO · FEBRUARY 26, 2018
Whether you're just kicking off your 8 week challenge or you're almost done and dusted, we can guarantee, trying to give up the sugar is a big deal. You wake up in the morning with bad-ass motivation and ready to tackle on the day. You eat so well for breakfast, lunch but as 330PM rolls around, you're ready for a fking snack!
Kick those sugar cravings to the curb with this easy, super delicious, Vegan Choc Chunk Protein Cookie recipe. Yep - you read that right. They're vegan!
Try them for yourself below:
Here's What You Need:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce (this is your egg replacer & can be purchased from the supermarket)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp arrowroot (or Tapioca flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup gluten free baking flour
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- Dark chocolate chips to taste (somewhere between 1/2 cup - 1 cup should be perfect!)
Here's How To Make It:
- Add vegan butter (softened) to a mixing bowl.
- Add apple sauce to the bowl and mix together by mashing with a fork.
- Add coconut sugar to the bowl and mix well with your fork.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add arrowroot, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Add cocoa powder and protein powder and mix again.
- Add melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Add gluten free flour (1/2 cup at a time) while continuing to mix.
- Add blanched almond flour and mix well until your cookie dough is thick and cookie-dough like.
- Store in fridge for at least an hour before baking.
- After the hour or so finishes, scoop out cookie dough with a cookie dough scooper into even-sized balls.
- Roll in between hands and gently flatten, placing them onto a cookie sheet (I also used aluminum foil).
- Bake on 180C until slightly crisp around the edge. This happens very quickly! In my oven, it takes 7 minutes every time. So, keep a close eye and don't go very far!
- As soon as you take them out, they will slightly soften, especially around the centre, so allow them to cool for a few minutes before moving them. They will firm up during this time. ENJOY!